Sunday, March 28, 2010

One Year Ago...

We saw KayLi's precious face for the very first time. Finally, we had a face to fill the longing God had placed in our hearts.

I really can't believe it's been a year....until I look at how much KayLi has grown and changed and blossomed.

What an awesomely redemptive God we serve!



Small side note...
The white dress KayLi is wearing above, was Emily's flower girl dress from my brothers wedding. Emily wore it one week after turning four. It was a favorite in her dress up box and she had so much fun dressing KayLi in it yesterday!

Disney pictures and a recap of our California trip coming soon...promise :0)

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy "referral-a-versary!" Oh, I agree so, God's redemptive love is amazing! Just look at the change in her countanance!

Tara Anderson said...

Such a sweet moment to treasure...seeing your child's face for the first time! I hope mine comes soon. :)

And I LOVE that white dress! There's something about Spring that just makes me want to dress my girls in white. We went shopping for our new Spring wardrobes yesterday, and I couldn't find a white dress in Chloe's size. I had to settle settle for a top and capris. :( I am still going to be on the lookout for a white dress, though. You never know where one will turn up!

Anonymous said...

Lisa~Happy one year!!! Ours is tomorrow, boy o boy have they blossomed!! CAn't wait til they reunite again!! Blessings~Amy

Chris said...

Oh, she is just precious!!!

Wow, what a year can do!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog a while back...

It is nice to find support and resources through other moms with a child who is cleft affected!!

Hope you 'visit' again soon!

Hunan Mommy said...

I was so happy to see we are both celebrating a year since referral. It is amazing how much she has changed in such a short time. She looks so genuinely happy. What a sweet big sister!