Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sometimes You've Gotta Laugh

Emily's reactions to people, even inconsiderate people, often makes me smile. But when she told me how she responded to an incident at school a couple weeks ago, I couldn't help but laugh. Really laugh! If I hadn't laughed, I would have gotten annoyed and angry. Really angry. It's so much more fun to laugh!

She and a few of her friends were showing each other pictures that they had stored on their phones. Typical junior high girls standing around giggling over each others silly faces and corny poses.

One of her friends had some pictures of her four year old cousin. She showed Emily a picture of her cousin smiling really big with her eyes squinted and said "Look how cute she looks making Chinese Eyes."

Emily quickly pulled up a picture of KayLi, handed it to her friend and said "This is how KayLi does it."

6 comments:

moonsyner said...

Em rocks!!!

Rachelle said...

And what beautiful eyes she has.

Kristi said...

Emily is quick on her feet! May we all respond with such wit and grace when faced with such comments...

Tami said...

LOL!

priceless:-).

OX,Tam

Hunan Mommy said...

Wow! I wish I was that quick! What an awesome sister!

Cara

Traci said...

That is the funniest story ever! I love it and truly needed a laugh! I enjoyed catching up on your blog tonight. (Toryn went to sleep early, so I had a few minutes to myself!) I hope ya'll have a great time in California and you better post pictures daily. lol We also miss you and KayLi on Fridays!
God bless!