Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Little Disappointed

We took KayLi to see a surgeon in Lubbock today. Unfortunately we were disappointed with his plans for treating her. I'm sure he would have done a good job repairing her palate but he didn't want to do any reconstruction on her nose until she is sixteen years old. Yeah. I'm glad that we have friends who took their son Toryn to the International Craniofacial Institute in Dallas. We know from them that she shouldn't have to wait that long. I had been hoping to avoid the five hour drive there but now I'm glad that we have appointments set up for next Tuesday. I can't wait to come up with a game plan. KayLi has been on antibiotics twice for ear infections in the short time she's been with us. So the sooner we can repair her palate the better.

The highlight of our day (aside from a very brief visit with Ryan....I forgot to get pictures of him and KayLi again...so sad ) was dinner at Joe's Crab Shack.

It was a great break from doctors and driving.

KayLi really liked climbing through all the tunnels.

But the slide was by far her favorite.
I think someone needs her own swing set!!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I pray you will get better news next week.
And yay for Joe's shack!