Thursday, April 2, 2009

He Knows HER Name

When your baby is on the other side of the world, it's so easy to let your thoughts wonder to all you don't know about her and all you can't do for her. All you want is to know her and be there with her. To take care of her, watch her grow and to just sing to her.

But Sunday as we sang, God whispered Zephaniah 3:17 to me. It says,

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

How awesome is it that even though I can't be with her, he is?! He delights in her, comforts her and even rejoices over her with singing!

As we were singing "He Knows My Name" God spoke straight to my heart. He reminded me that even though I don't know who KayLi is, it's OK, because HE does. He made her and he loves her. He knows her name, sees her every tear, and hears her every thought. He is her Father and her Maker. He will never leave her, no matter where she goes.

Don't you LOVE it when God does that. There you are worshiping and telling God how YOU feel about him and he reminds you of how HE feels about you. He blows my mind every time!



I have a Maker

He formed my heart

Before even time began

My life was in his hands


I have a Father

He calls me His own

He'll never leave me

No matter where I go


He knows my name

He knows my every thought

He sees each tear that falls

And He hears me when I call

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, I love that song! In fact just today we got a link to Kylie's 2 year video with her China sisters and that is the closing song. Makes me cry every time...

Kim said...

I LOVE this post....that is incredible!!

Thank you for sharing!

Kim