Tuesday, January 27, 2009

ICE!!!!




We woke up to a very icy world this morning.
As much as I love how beautiful it looks, it sure is scary.


I'm so thankful that school was postponed until ten and that my friend who drove the kids to school is from Ohio. She's very used to driving in awful winter conditions but I still wanted to keep Emily home! She's taking the bus home from school and I would appreciate your prayers for all the buses on the road. If you enlarge the picture of the mirror you will get a better understanding of why I am one scared wife and mother right now.

Allie had a forty mile drive in this. One of their leases is completely without power and he had to get to it. He said he did a bit of sliding but was fine. He also said it's better than it was this morning.

Ryan is two hours further north of here at Tx. Tech and he is only slightly experienced at driving
in this. It is really bad here and we are on the bottom edge of the ice storm!

They are saying it will stay like this through tomorrow. There has already been one fatal car accident in our area. So I can imagine it is a lot worse the further north you are.
So please pray a lot!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Wow, you guys got nailed hard! We had an ice storm like that a few years ago and my hubby was in EMT training and did his ambulance ride along for 24 straight hours ~ I was a nervous wreck by the time he finally got home!