Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Praising in the Storm

It's with such a heavy heart that I write this post. As you saw in my last post, we received a referral for a little girl with a special need last week. Oh, how we fell in love with her pictures and wanted her. But after receiving new information from her orphanage, researching like crazy and much, much prayer we know this is not the daughter God has intended for our family. She simply has needs we can't meet.

We wanted her so badly. But more than we wanted her, we want her to have a full life with unlimited possibilities. Living in a somewhat rural area, hours away from the type of school she will need, we can't give her that. I trust that God has a family waiting eagerly for this precious child and ask that you please pray for her...God knows exactly who she is. And if you would pray for our family as well, we would appreciate it.

We still feel God leading us to a special needs adoption and we will wait for God to bring the child into our lives that he has intended to bring from the beginning of time.

I can't seem to get the words to "Praise You In This Storm" our of my head.

"I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
"

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh Lisa, how heartbreaking! I know the pain firsthand as we turned down our first waiting child referral. So strange to grieve for a child you've never met, but God confirmed for us that the little boy was not our son as another family found him within days and submitted their LOI. I pray that you will have a confirmation and that your hearts will find peace! I also pray that you will remain positive about learning of your child soon!

In Him,
Kristi

Traci said...

I am so proud of you and your faith! Wow, you are such an example! God does have an amazing plan for that little girl and one for your family. My prayers are with you and they have been from the time I met you till the end of time!
Love you sweet friend!
Traci

priscilla said...

I know how your heart is wanting her. God knows the right time. You have so much Faith in him. more then most of the people i know. Zimin will find her family and KayLi is out there you know and everyone knows it but she is a wait away. "Praise you in the storm" that song decribes your family. love you Twilla

Kim said...

Bless your heart, I know you are hurting so badly and I am so so sorry. Just know that your amazing outlook in this hard time you are going through is a witness to others.

((Hugs and Love)),
Kim

Carrie said...

I'm sorry to hear that you had to make such a hard decision. I really respect families that carefully evaluate their resources and abilities, though. I know it wasn't easy, but I'm sure you'll still be amazed to see God's hand at work when you're able to meet your daughter someday!

Another thing -- I just noticed you said you live in West Texas. Where? Jacob and I are born-n-raised West Texans. (Our hometown is about 45 miles NE of Amarillo.) We don't meet too many people from that part of TX.