Thursday, May 28, 2009

Field Trip To Carlsbad Caverns!

With all of the excitement surrounding the adoption this last week, I almost forgot to write a post about Emily's field trip to Carlsbad Caverns National Park. The entire fifth grade went and I can't tell you how excited Emily was! They have been learning about rock formations, stalactites, stalagmites, columns, draperies, and Mexican Free Tail bats for a months.

She had to be at the school at 5:30 a.m. for the three hour bus ride to New Mexico! And they didn't get back to the school until 9:45 p.m. That is one VERY long day!

She is trying sooooo hard to look cool and not smile too much in this picture. When your kids have their own camera, you just never know what type of pictures you will get. She took over 100 pictures. The three above are the best three out of six she is actually in.

Most of the pictures look like this stalactite.

Or like this stalagmite.


She was thrilled that she took this picture! She likes it so much because this part of the cave is called "Popcorn Fairyland."

I was a little disappointed that she didn't take any pictures of the bats as they exited the caves at dusk. I really wanted to see that!

And I was just a little sad that she didn't take any pictures on the bus ride. It's always half the fun of a field trip!

But at least she didn't miss this shot!!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the last picture! Ha ha! That one is my favorite! :)

You can totally "steal" my idea for the "Beautiful Life Friday"! Especially since I stole if from someone else! :) And you don't even have to link it to me!

Have a great weekend!

Blessings,
Jenn

Kim said...

Of course all the pictures are wonderful but that last pictures cracks me up....LOL...TOO FUNNY!

((hugs)),
Kim