Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Other Side of the World




While Emily, KayLi and I were having a quick breakfast, our guide called Allie and said that everything arrived at the consulate and all was well. Praise God! He is soooo faithful! He has seen us through this from start to finish and I can't stop praising Him for all He has done. We have watched him work not only in our family but in lives of the families we traveled with. This is only the beginning of the plans that He has for these children. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to seeing Him write their stories. I'm sure I'll be addicted to their families websites and blogs. There really are no words to describe how overwhelmed with gratitude I am for all God has done. He is simply awesome!

After we exhaled, we decided to finally visit the park across the street before the oath ceremony at three. I wish we had taken more time to really explore it more...it was sooooo beautiful. You would think that I wouldn't have been so surprised by the beauty but this country keeps taking my breath away.


It would have been so fun to go on a paddle boat with Emily. She really wanted to but we were afraid it would take too long and we were already so hot.


We did take the time to ride a small log ride type of ride. It was pretty funny that they named it "Water Surfing." It lasted all of a minute but was worth it to catch a slight breeze for a few seconds. It rained again this morning. so the humidity was crazy!


They also had several other amusement park rides, one of which was a small carousel. We thought that KayLi might like it. It started out ok...


but didn't end very well. We tried moving off the horse but she just wasn't having it.


We stopped to take one last picture by the park's entrance/exit and then it was down under the street, through the metro and back to the hotel. I was able to get a little packing done before we meet the last seven families of our group in the lobby.

It breaks my heart that they won't allow cameras at the oath ceremony. It's such a moving experience to stand there in a large room filled with adoptive families from all over America and complete the last task of the adoption process. I still can't believe that there are no more papers to be filled out or appointments to keep. She's really finally ours! I'm sure it will all sink in when we arrive home but for now it feels like a beautiful dream that I don't want to wake up from.

China is over crowded and smelly. Not speaking the language has been an issue but even still, I truly don't want to leave. KayLi's homeland is more beautiful than I could have imagined. I feel like I owe this country a debt that I will never be able to repay. I hate the thought of leaving here and possibly never coming back. I knew I would love KayLi but I had no idea I would China this much. I want to go home. I want my friends and family to see how amazingly precious KayLi is. I'm ready to begin the next chapter of our lives. But a huge piece of my heart will remain here forever...on the other side of the world.

3 comments:

MJ said...

Amen.

God is so good.

Congrats that she is *finally* YOURS!

Kristi said...

Oh Lisa, I know how you feel about leaving a small part of your heart in China! Just watch out, you may find yourself back after all...
Praying for a safe trip home for you!

Sharon said...

I can so relate to not wanting to leave China. We LOVED it and All 5 of us still say "we are home sick for China"...Hudson seems to be the only one that doesn't care. We can't wait to go back, maybe for #2 or someday to take Hudson back to visit. We will always be grateful to that beautiful country which gave us the best gift ever!
Praying for a good flight home!